Sunday, November 16, 2014

The decked journey

I always wanted to do this. Sit in a train. By the window side. Music and Zimlog. The scenery outside. The trees shooting through the clouds. The clouds attempting to overlap the blue sky. Clouds overshadowing their lesser mighty friends. Netted sunbeams dancing on the green stretches of grass. The stones on the sides. One over another. Heaped up. As high as a hill. A hill which has just stones. The railway tracks that were laid decades ago. Shiny and smooth. Strong. Today, it is not going to be about people. The people around me. People lost in music. People reading books. Multilingual. People munching on those airbags filled with crumbs of chips. It is not going to be about food either. The oily vegetable cutlets. The soggy curd rice. The plastic rolls containing water to gulp down the food.
What is it going to be about? Well, I don't know. I will just write. Write, as the thoughts play hide and seek in my head. Continue to write as they put me in contradictory positions. Write, as the thoughts vanish. Vanish- like the pen that you so fondly purchased. Write until it seems strange. Write, till the ideas seem distant. As distant as those friends you once played snake and ladders with.

***
"Hope you will be doing what you want to." I don't know what I want. I kind of know what I don't want. I knew I did not want to sit in a corporate at this point in my life. So I left. I am going elsewhere. If I had life figured out at 23, what would I do the rest of my life?

***
The decked journey. It is a double decker train. Triple, I would say. The world looks different from this height. Much different for a short person like me. Perspective.

***
"Life is beautiful" I said. I said that after a long long time, he pointed out. Well, really? I haven't had the time to pause and feel that life is beautiful. Thus I am leaving this lifestyle behind in search of that lifestyle where a pause exists. In search of what exactly? I don't know. I haven't figured it out yet. At the end of this journey, I guess I will figure out what I was looking for. Or rather, what I was not looking for. And then I will move on once again. Loaded with more memories. Souvenirs. Hopefully, lesser luggage. "After all, we are human beings and NOT human doings" said some article. An article that I recently opened in that newly launched browser feature in Facebook.

***
"Discover your own music. You will love it." Appreciating the bits and pieces. Lyrics and the chords. The tune. The journey of a song. The journey with a song.

***
This is a great journey. Layers of thoughts decked in my head. The decked journey.

1 comment: